User and Task Analysis
Precisely analysing users, application contexts and targets is a key aspect of the User Centered Design process and constitutes the central foundation for the design activities to come.
Direct access to end-users utilizing the so-called context analysis is an essential element of the analysis: Our professional experts will visit typical users on site in order to gain detailed insight on relevant user characteristics, the aims they follow when using the application and the given situation conditions. In this, the experiences of real-life users are just as much considered as their work environments and socio-emotional factors. All this creates a comprehensive impression of users and usage conditions, which in return allows for deducing relevant requirements on an empirical base.
At Verivox we focus on the users of our tariff comparison services. Ergosign supports us very successfully in developing our consumer portal and in optimizing its usability. ”
The actual selection and coordinated combination of methods to gain and prepare information is generally made after thoroughly analysing the individual project situation:
- Onsite interviews and observation (contextual analysis) – planning, execution and evaluation of user interviews in the usage context
- Job shadowing – accompanying observation of executed works
- Focal groups – moderated group discussions in order to identify requirements and potential
- Card sorting – concept to define a reasonable information architecture and navigation
- Personas – significant characterization of typical users, including their properties and goals
- Scenarios – narrative description of operative goals in consideration of the individual context